These are the sounds I was able to identify with 100% accuracy yesterday without ever looking up from whatever I was doing.
- An iPhone falling from a back pocket and hitting the carpeted classroom floor.
- A fidget spinner spinning.
- A Rubik’s cube being completed in what the culprit hoped would be a record time among his friends.
- The sound of “not the video clip I assigned” coming out of earbuds that were in a student’s ears across the room.
- A thunderous, wet sounding fart. But then, who can’t identify that one? The only thing I will say is that I’ve been doing this long enough that I can tell you with certainty that the kid was as shocked as anyone when he didn’t get away with the quiet zinger he was expecting.
I think we can agree that my life is very glamorous.